November 10, 2014

One thing I learned today:
"You almost certainly have a mild form of bipolar II with predominant depression."

One thing I'm grateful for:
"Of the four treatment modalities you've undergone, which have you found most helpful?"
"...probably medication actually. Without it I feel like everything else would be kind of moot..."
Glancing up from writing - "Well of course it would be. You have a physical illness." - and right back to scribbling notes, as if it were the simplest thing in the world.

That I inadvertently got a second opinion, and some validation, tonight. Laypeople spewing pseudoscience won't ever make me doubt myself again when I've heard it that clearly said by a doctor at the best psychiatric facility in the world. Thank you. Thank you a thousand times over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment