September 17, 2014

One thing I learned today: "What does friendship mean? Well, I think it consists of at least two things: one is being open to someone and being close to someone. Those are both unnatural because in the state of nature if you are open to someone you shouldn't be close to them and if you are close to someone you shouldn't be open to them. So it's an unnatural state. What we want in our work is to become open to each other and close to each other, near each other psychologically and at the same time open to each other psychologically. And that is very difficult to be in, to keep in I mean to be really in. To be near and open would put a lot of what I think into psychotherapy." -Les Havens

One thing I'm grateful for: A sparring partner who encouraged me to hit hard today.

No comments:

Post a Comment