April 6, 2014

One thing I learned today: To everyone who told me that life is just hard, that I was just focusing on my problems too much, that I just needed to think positively, who invalidated the fact that I have been dealing with something very real and very serious - a giant fuck you. I'm done making excuses for people who don't understand. It's not my job to be understanding of your ignorance. It's your job to learn more. And for those reasons, I refuse to censor myself. Tough shit if it makes you uncomfortable. You are the reason stigma exists and your words are not innocuous. They are dangerous.

One thing I'm grateful for: That I woke up angry today. And for the motivation those I refer to above have provided me, because there are few things I love more in this world than proving people wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment